View Single Post
Old 04-07-19, 05:22 PM   #4
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the analysis; it explains a lot. I hadn't allowed for quick deceleration which accounts for some instances, but can't make sense of the failures on the crippled Kongo and Yamato off Samar in my thread of why i love the game. I had a stern shot on the former moving slowly away at a 45 degree angle, using a Mk 14 and a Mk 18, one set at 10 meters and the other at 5 meters, hoping to crack the magazine of Turret B. The Mk 14 was dead on; the Mk 18 was lost without a trace. From the bow, I fired four Mk 18s at the latter which was approaching at reduced speed at roughly a 40 degree angle from 850 meters. All were aimed at the A and B turrets. Again, nothing. Maybe he combed them but I don't see how.

In the case of the Palawan ambush, the Yamato captain can really shave off some speed quickly if I'm detected, but even with no audible alarms nor searchlights and attacking from <1500 meters, the Mark 18s are a little behind the aiming point. Before I begin attacks, I open all doors, so it's not that.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote