View Single Post
Old 05-04-08, 04:30 PM   #49
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

I have had two months of trying to get SH4 1.5 working correctly with Pacific Environment MOD(s)...PE2 and the latest PE3. I get BSOD no matter what I do, no matter what settings I use for In-Game Graphic Options and/or nHancer settings for my 8800GTX/168MB card. I spent this past Thursday and Friday, approximately SEVEN hours each day in one final massive and methodical testing. NO solution.

Now, here is the ODD part: When I enable W_Clear's "Environment 4.3" MOD(s), SH4 1.5 runs almost perfectly...that is, I occasionally get a BSOD but it is unpredictable and does not occur immediately every time axs it does with PE. Further testing: If I disable "Post Processing" and "Texture HighQuality" in In-Game Options, I seem to be able to run SH4 1.5/W_Clear's EE without ferar of BSOD, even under the most intense action/explosions/etc.

As I have suggested in the Pacific Environment thread, it seems to me that there is something extremely incompatible between SH4 1.5 and the PE Mods, at least for 8800GTX/VISTA owners, but for the life of me I am unable to find it. So, for me, I will use W_Clear's Environment MOD(s) with 1.5, and use Pacific Environment MOD(s) with 1.4 when I want PE eye candy.

Icecold: if you are using the PE MOD(s), or probably also the earlier ROW MODs, with your SH4 1.5, try disabling them...see what happens.

As for overheated graphics card being the problem, I think my experience and testing preclude that. I have an 850 Watt PSU, no overheating... I can also alternately and frequently load "SH4 1.5 with W_Clears MOD" with my "SH4 1.5 with PE Mods" (I have two 1.5 installations, plus one SH4 1.5 installation), and invariably the latter will crash/BSOD immediately when an 'action' occurs, such as the first DD firing a deck gun or, of course, any torpedoe hit explosion. The former, however will work flawlessly (with Post PRocessing and High texture turned OFF). Back and forth between the two, the results never vary. SH4 1.5 with PE=BSOD. SH1.5 with W_Clear's Environ MOD=SH4 runs smooth.

I have to assume that others are out there with 8800GTX cards and are successfully running SH4 1.5 with the Pacific Environment MOD(s)....I can only relate my own experience.

FYI, here's my Rig:

ASUS P5N32-E SLI
Dual core E6700 Cpu
2GB OCZ PC2 8800 (1100Mhz) RAM
BFG 8800GTX w/768MB Graphics card
Audigy2 ZS
4 Seagate 400GB hard drives in a 0+1 RAID array
Plextor PX-800A
Samsung SyncMaster 244T 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor 1920X1200 native resolution
Windows VISTA 32bit

OCZ PSU 850W SLI X-RM
Antec P180 Case (three 120mm fans) plus additional Zalman CNPS9700LED CPU Fan

Last edited by Doolittle81; 05-06-08 at 01:30 PM.
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote