View Single Post
Old 08-05-06, 11:26 AM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

It is highly recommended not trying to fire an unstabilized gun in turret emergency mode without the tank being stationary. If you have tried to hit anything with the GAS, you see that that is already difficult enough from a stationary tank, and having to use the hand crank (quickly hitting the arrow keys) to move the turret. Force Feedback may be immersive for you as a gamer, but for the military it has no value. That's why it is not there, and probably will never be there. Also, I cannot imagine how a rumbling stick should give me the feeling when standing in the turret that I experience a tank moving and making my body get bumping around. In a small plane like IL-" planes you might feel tactile feedback from your stick in the cockpit, but I doubt that a modern MBT compares to that. All those controls in a tank are very sophisticated nowadays, I doubt that the gunner has a tactile feedback in his grabs when firing the gun. For what you talk about you would not need a vibrating stick, but a device that makes your table, your monitor and your chair go hopping! Well, of course one could wish for this feature, and others as well, but keep in mind that it is extremely unlikely that this one ever will get implemented, that way you do not wait in vain and cannot get disappointed. Although they have several artists now involved, there is basically only one programmer. and he needs to take care of the real important fixes and features, and the demands by their military customers that are there real bread and butter - not us hobby tankers. Their resources are extremely limited, time-wise, and thus they need to be extremely picky on what things to spend concentration on, and on what not. even some things I would consider to be important, will not be addressed too soon for that reason. But if you are willing to pay them three additional programmers and two dozen more play testers to squash all problems that derive from implementing even one new variable - then there is a chance that you may get force feedback as a thankyou from them!

Last edited by Skybird; 08-05-06 at 11:29 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote