View Single Post
Old 01-17-15, 01:39 PM   #42
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutzthedeal View Post
It's a fairly popular issue where once you go above 8 or 16x like to cross the long stretches between Pearl and Japan, the game either quits or slows down dramatically. Always happens to me around Fall of 1942 when I'm leaving anywhere in Japan. Then, to make it back to port, what might have taken you a half-hour real-time could take a day, if you want to just let your computer sit there and run most of the time. What a let down. Thought a decent PC 8 years newer than the game could handle it and/or Ubi or Steam would fix it. From what I'm reading, most people that have it have not been able to fix it. All kinds of tricks out there but none have worked for me. Maybe I'll just keep playing the first year of a career.
I've been playing for years and where this isn't the first I've heard of the lag, it's the first I heard of it that bad. I get the lag when I get to TC about 7000x, but it's still faster than the previous setting. The lag isn't considered a bug because it's caused by the computer, not the software. Check your computer specs and settings. The usual cause is not enough RAM, especially video RAM. My new computer has integrated video RAM and I'm not having any problems until higher TC.