View Single Post
Old 11-18-19, 09:20 AM   #13
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

I think the future will be a mix of electric and hydrogen. Electric for small city vehicles, not jus6t cars but also bikes etc (Many times shared or rented) that can easily recharge on a normal plug, and then hydrogen for family vehciles for trips etc. Anybody who lives less than 40 kms away from work in a single house or condo doesn't really have much problems to recharge daily an electric vehicle for commuting. Statistics show that is the biggest share of vehicles moving around. Then the hydrogen solves all the rest of problems for longer distances.

I believe we will see the electrics start in cities/commuting and then the hydrogen ones replace the diesel/gas ones slowly.

Quote:
The European and German e-cars usually are too expensive as well. The decisive segment are affordable, s all cars, and I think it will be the Asians winnign that race: Japan, India, China, Korea. For small cars, Asian brands would be my first choice since years.
But, isn't that logical when you consider competition in the lower segment is dominated by sell price and thus low wages and running costs as in most of Asia? I mean, the same applies today to diesel/gas vehicles, where Germany sells quality and more efficient engines in the premium sector. Germany can't win the low cost race, it needs to sell premium vehicles, so I think that part of the idea is OK. The part that becomes problematic, however, is when you realize an electric engine is terribly simple and most can do an efficient one, there is not a lot to gain there, so what can Germany add there? Basically nothing but the badge, unless they drop the millions in better batteries which could net them more benefits.