Old 05-20-13, 01:44 PM   #31
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@Makman94:
In fact, I considered the possibility that the four parameters (and many others) could be read in from a user text file.

However, there are serious technical problems:
1. Different types of variable (integer, float, byte) must be handled differently in code.
2. It would be difficult to provide a range of permitted values for each variable. For example, a value of gc_height = -1 must be excluded (although it might be fun to try).
3. Hardest of all - some variables are encountered more than once within a single sim file (for example, the LR parameter). It required special code to ensure that the correct LR is modified. It would become a very large effort to check every sim variable, in order to ensure that the correct variable, out of several with the same name, was used.

So I regret that it is not really practical to adapt my Thomsen's Parameter App for general use.

Of course, in order to discover which sim value a modder might want to tweak in future, it is necessary only to make a temporary alteration to a single ship (and its sim file) for test purposes.

Stiebler.
i see what you mean Stiebler ,
in my ignorance i thought that the procedure for adding the other values would be the same as the procedure for these four that i saw.

thank you very much for sharing this tool

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote