View Single Post
Old 06-28-19, 07:23 PM   #6
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thend View Post
Yes, I was playing The Wolves of Steel and thank them for doing that.

I don't care about gorgeous graphics and rendering, I like this type of game very much.

When you encounter an enemy, you need to think about how to cut in, when to launch, and how to avoid. It was a great experience.

Now I just play this game and enjoy it very much. It's just not a sequel, and I'm disappointed. The game should have been better.

These are my experience for a rookie.

Hope Google translation can express my meaning.

The problem is that SH5 with all bugs removed (a pure theory only!) would be the top of a WWII sub sim when we consider the gameplay. So there is hardly any reason to make a sequel, not to speak of the fact that Ubisoft probably doesn't want to hear the words 'Silent Hunter' anymore...
The modded SH3 also comes very close to the perfect Atlantic WWII sub sim.
SH4 plays in the Pacific instead of the Atlantic (with an expansion to the Indian Ocean with German U-boats). Here too, there is everything you can see and play. No reason for any developer to make a new similar game.

Instead of a sequel, I would be thrilled if Ubisoft could drop a 'last' 1.3 official update for SH5 by introducing the features that the modding scene has been so busy to create in the last decade. Or at least to correct the most horrendous bugs (suffice to open the Generic Patcher to know which ones)...And rather than an update I would sell it as an expansion or DLC if i were Ubisoft.
Only Ubisoft can do it (copyright reasons). We can hope for it, but really, I wouldn't bet 1 cent on it...

The new U-Boat and Wolfpack releases fill a niche that was not really there before: Crew micro management in U-Boat and a really challenging Multiplayer system in Wolfpack. If you take that away, there would hardly be a reason for such game releases.

Cheers,
XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 06-28-19 at 07:47 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote