View Single Post
Old 10-03-18, 02:07 AM   #3
JenseenButton
Swabbie

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
It is possible that you may not encounter enemy shipping for long periods of time wn route to your destination. Give it some time.
Okay good everything fine and no bug that this is causing it.

I am just used to getting ship contacts all the time. Most SH3 supermods I´ve played BOMBARDED you with shipping and slow warship contacts all the time.

But having already more tonnage after some patrols than every German submarine accumulating in the whole war and sinking heavy warships regulary alike eliminated every sense of true achievement, sensation, and made things tedious because playing with manual fire control and working time consuming solutions out every 5 min due to the rapid intervall contact spam started to feel like work and I lost motivation already early midwar. Expecting here the same I´ve decided to start my TWOS campaign in midwar but looks like this mod aims for a more realistic approach which is very welcome. Perhaps I even could start my campaign earlier that doesn´t take real time ages to complete and over the top tonnage because of the realistic lack of contacts?

Gives me the same vibes like reading the "Das Boot" novel which also describes how the lack of shipping to engage impacted the crew and how they nearly lost their sense when finally getting a contact. I imagine myself already now to become when finally spotting shipping, even when it is some smaller oder medium sized shipping.

By the way are there any suggestions for running down shipping lanes? I´m using the Kriegsmarine Grid map to aprox. run down the shipping lanes towards the coming shipping and also experimented with the automated shipping lane search scripts which is a nice work relieve but sometimes the 128x is very slow for me and I run manual 1048x just following the lane. Is there any issue with spotting/spawning shipping at these time accs?

Thanks
JenseenButton is offline   Reply With Quote