View Single Post
Old 10-06-14, 11:45 AM   #28
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahnenbohn View Post
Thank you Aktungbby ! It appears to me that you are the most versed in history on this forum, don't you ? I've read your topic "This date in history" : very interesting !
Nah! everyone at is DE-facto-a history jock(of lost causes?) and a lot of newbys even say so on their initial greeting; Several have advanced multiple degrees and do it for a living. My whole point in the History thread is to provide a ripple point for events in history, however trite, that put each us where we are today. For example my dad flew B-29's in the Pacific WWII with a navigation device Amelia Earhart wished she'd had...and then he met my mom...Voila! That's what makes it fun- we are all our own little DNA comets passing through time and space-Edgar Cayce notwithstanding Sailor Steve drove one of the cars mentioned in the thread and Armistead is a Son of the Confederacy (another lost cause) And were all at because of the CSS Hunley! and a few CSS Davids "The winners write history"...the losers acquire perspective!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 10-06-14 at 12:20 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote