View Single Post
Old 01-11-11, 09:45 AM   #554
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Hi yourself! There was a fanfare mod out there with about 40 of them. I only used 25 because they were modern recordings that sounded real and in-your-face. The others were old scratchy records, and when the band played them they sounded like old scratchy records.
Lol, I took some files out of my Gramophone playlist for exactly the same... er... opposite... er... whatever... reason. Point is, they're the modern recordings of the old marches and sound too good to be something played on an old record while on patrol. It would probably sound like we brought the entire band with us in the boat.

So they got pulled from there and set aside and TBH I really hated the prospect of never hearing Gruss an Kiel in-game again.

So I was trying to figure out where to use them, I knew it was possible to get them randomly swapped in for the default Fanfara_01.wav, where the sound quality would be a plus, since obviously it's already been done at least once.

I just didn't have a clue about the proper folder structure. Now I do!

Quote:
If you leave out the other 20 then two times out of three you'll get the default in-game fanfare. You need to duplicate them into each 10 folders for it to be truly random.

My Loading Screens mod has 100 folders. The 25 fanfares are repeated four times. The three leers are repeated thirty-three times (+1 of course). Other items are repeated as well.
TYVM, that's exactly what I needed to know. It doesn't matter right now since I'm only looking at randomizing one thing, but somewhere down the road that could change.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote