View Single Post
Old 01-10-11, 03:40 PM   #547
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
IFor instance, if I wanted to use several different loading screens and let Commander pick a random one for each session, where/how would I place the various different Intro.tga files that I wanted it to pick from? Is that even possible, or is this feature only meant for randomizing different versions of the same block of data from one particular file?
Each file goes into a single folder. You can have one each of many types of files (loading screen, band march, leer, speech files etc) as long as they each follow the correct path.

It's actually fairly simple (says the luddite who doesn't understand anything until it's explained precisely step-by-step. Mayby that's why once I do get it I'm pretty good at explaining it).

SH3Commander/Random/0-1-2-(folder number)/Date/19390101 (since in the Random folders we don't want it to be date-based, the date is always the same) /Data/Menu/Loading.

There you put in the loading screen you want. It must be a TGA file, and it must be named 'Intro' (they always are, but just so you know).

Put a single one into each of the numbered folders. In my mod the mission screens also change. They follow the same path but are labelled 'Map'. You can also vary the 'Museum' and 'Single Missions' loading screens the same way.

I also used it to vary the 25 different dockside band marches:
Random/0/Date/19390101/Data/Sound/Fanfara_01.

Once you look at it it's pretty straightforward