View Single Post
Old 03-17-08, 08:46 AM   #7
Tomcattwo
Loader

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

AvH said:
Quote:
If another mod overwrites the Campaign_RND.mis and Campaign_SCR.mis files then those changes will, of course, be lost. That should have only a minor impact to the increased ASW mod; all the ASW loadouts do is give the aircraft (that seemed to me, anyway ) assigned to ASW patrols a mixed ordnance of bombs and air depth charges. The loadouts assigned them from the stock GWX files were straight air depth charges.

If I had to pick an answer I'd say installing the increased ASW mod should be done first and then fix what you wish to fix with RWF. Let me know how it works if you try it, please.
Yes, this is the case if you use, for instance, OLC's new Environment mod, which alter scene.dat. RWF is an update to scene.dat and to .mis capaign files. In order to use RWF with anything that modifies scene.dat or any of the campaign .mis files, I believe the user needs to do the following:

1) install Increased ASW mod using JSGME
2) copy campaign\campaigns\ folders from SH3_GWX\data into folder for \MODS\OLC environment\data and put a copy of the realweatherfix.exe there also. Double click realweatherfix.exe and clean up
3) Then install OLC environment using JSGME. (will give you a warning about interactions with increased ASW mod - this is OK since you just fixed OLC environment to use the increased ASW mod's .mis files)

This process will ensure that RWF is applied to OLC's scene.dat AND to the increased ASW mod .mis files when you install the OLC environment mod.

This is what I did. Loaded OK with no crashes and I am just beginning a new patrol. No adverse problems noted so far.
R/
TC2
U-77