View Single Post
Old 09-20-17, 04:35 PM   #5
-Pv-
The Old Man

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Like you said, not everyone likes it. Whether you will like it will depend on whether the developer's description of the game matches your taste. I can say the game matches the developer's description. It is not however, Dangerous Waters or Silent Hunter (any of them.) It's more like Red Storm Rising.

I think those who do not like it didn't fully understand what the game was about and after trying it decided their misconception didn't match the actual game play.

Since you decided to fact find other opinions, it likely means you are undecided and have a budget. I suggest you watch the many videos available on youtube and other sources which give a pretty accurate demonstration of other player's first impressions of the game.

Other considerations:
1) The game is aggressively supported by the developer. This means the game is evolving. New features added, original features refined. It also means if the player chooses to participate in optional beta releases, the game could go belly up unpredictably at times.
2) The developer actively supports modding and has provided editable text files controlling many of the game's features. The game is new, the mod interface under development and the mod community in early learning. This means mods break with new game features and updates and the mods currently available (and yet soon to come) are experimental and often under rapid development and release cycles.

Know what you are getting and you'll make the right choice.

-Pv-

Last edited by -Pv-; 09-20-17 at 04:53 PM.
-Pv- is offline   Reply With Quote