View Single Post
Old 12-17-16, 02:10 PM   #2294
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra5150 View Post
Robbins, that's why I like RSRDC. TMO and FOTRS are unplayable to me without the added detail, the nav map specifically. I know there are many changes and the Nav map is an overt example.

I guess the question is, is there a way to keep the detail visually of places like Midway. As shown in the base TMO 2.5 mod or FOTRS, while having all the extraordinary benefits of the RSRDC? Is there a way to easily change the Nav map visually to add more information or higher fidelity? Or does the entire campaign structure need to be redone?

I live in Hawaii and I love to be able to sail around the Marshall's in game and see all the island names. I like to see Ponpei, Kosrai and Truk. The names of the Gilbert's, Sofu Gan ect.

P.S. Did RSRDC add the air dropped torpedoes or is that part of TMO? I had a couple of awesome patrols where planes based out of Majuro torpedoed me unexpectedly. Awesome as in I was violently sunk.
All that stuff needs to be researched. We know that the maps are RSRDC. We have to study them to see exactly how they're implemented. It's possible there is a stand alone mod which has these maps, too.

Right now we're working on campaign issues and JSGME quirks with FOTRSU. Then we'll be off to torpedoes and maps and enemy AI. I'm sure other things will rear up and demand our attention that we aren't even thinking of right now!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote