View Single Post
Old 03-29-10, 04:31 PM   #134
M4XDmG
Helmsman

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 0
Default Testing

Now I've been testing 1.4 version about six hours in different circumstances, loving it more and more.

You said something about mouse emulation? I use mostly my headtracker for viewing around and tablet pen for plotting yms. (with freetrack combined to this mod and tablet I actually need keyboard and mouse very, very little to play this game, its kinda cool...) only problem is that I still have to use mousewheel to zoom the map. Also in certain circumstances it would be easier to push a button in the keyboard than press with my pen (or click mouse).
Examples: Often I need to click right mouse button to activate freelook so my headtracker works. And it's pain in the ass to zoom map with the mouse, when you do everything else with the pen.

This is actually little of topic, but how I would be able to zoom the map with my keyboard and get mouse rightclick also remapped to some keyboard key? I tried to find "mouse to keys" software to do this, but wasn't lucky.
Actually why not even with speech, like "let me see closer" etc. to zoom the map... If you can make it work, that would be awesome.

And some annoying sort of things I found:

There is no command to tell sonar officer to shut the f%&ck up when you have requested nearest sound contact following and after a while don't need it anymore.
And with voice command, he leaves one critical information unsaid: the rough estimation of distance "medium range, short range etc..." If you call the same command by keyboard, he says it.
Don't know if it's the game or mod, but with certain commands you're not sure if they got it or not, for example lower attack periscope, set torpedo depth, battlestations. It would be nice that also these commands give atleast some textfeedback.
And actually there seems to be 2 different "battlestations" commands. When you call it with speech, a "guy" icon appears on the screen. When you call it via First officer, it is he's "special ability" and "bell" icon appears. Also this way more sound effects and stuff happens. And they both can be on at the same time. Confusing. But thats games fault, not your mods.
And would nice addition to be able to say, "show me the map" when I wan't to see nav map. (Little thing, I know...)
But these are just minor issues (not issues at all compared to games own bugs) I just can't say how happy I am when I stand on the conning tower, watch a convoy few kilometers ahead, follow it with my eyes for a while moving just my own head (not mouse), order to submerge and set course with just my voice (not keys), and draw estimations to my map with pen (and not mouse).
M4XDmG is offline   Reply With Quote