View Single Post
Old 05-23-08, 06:33 AM   #737
sabretwo
Frogman

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0

OLC,

First, thanks for producing one of the greatest mods yet for Sh3! You've created a masterpiece that takes immersion up to the highest level.

After a few nights playing with your new Ubermod 2.3, I have one suggestion...

Can you include some type of ranging tool for use with the observation periscope (maybe similar to the one on the UZO or a variation of the one on the attack periscope)? With the elimination of visible contact updates, I am trying to manually plot the bearing of visual contacts early as they appear and its very difficult to get an accurate distance estimate at long range with the attack periscope owing to its new fixed magnification. By the time I can get several distance/bearing plots made to determine its course, its too late for me to maneuver to a good interception point and finalize my torpedo data with the OLC tools.

If I'm on the surface at night, no big deal. I just continue to make my plots as the ship passes by and catch up further down the road. If I am submerged during day, its a now or never deal (unless I feel like risking detection on the surface to get ahead of the target).

Just a thought.

Again, Thanks for all the time you put into this mod!
sabretwo is offline   Reply With Quote