View Single Post
Old 07-11-18, 11:57 PM   #7
Shibbyland
Seaman

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Yes, the second thread is unrelated. This thread was to do with a Microsoft message which I'm satisfied is almost certainly a false positive as it only relates to the publisher of the software.

The second thread was published out of concern after a commercial anti virus scanner was used on both the megamod and the update file. It uses an up to date database of known viruses to clean infected files.

It detected a virus within the megamod file but not within the update file. I don't believe this is a false positive as when I originally downloaded the megamod over a year ago, the same scanner did not detect any issues and now it does. Given the file was modified only a few weeks ago this made me a bit suspicious and as much as I'd love proceed with the mod anyway it just seems too risky until I know more. You guys have made something truly brilliant here, to play SH5 without Wolves of Steel is a waste of time but yea I can't ignore a threat.

Do you guys do any kind of monitoring of your most popular files or anything to keep yourselves secure?

I feel your members/admins should be aware as this can be a threat to the integrity of your community (which I'd like to be a part of).

Last edited by Shibbyland; 07-12-18 at 01:36 AM.
Shibbyland is offline   Reply With Quote