View Single Post
Old 02-03-10, 12:58 PM   #70
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
I nearly blacked out quite often in the first couple of turns (And I think I may have briefly completely blacked out at one point), at which point I think I stopped turning so sharply so I didn't black out as much.

The 162 should be a better turner, it being slightly slower and much lighter than the Sabre.

Though I think I wasted a bit too much ammo on those failed head-on passes, I think I killed you with my very last shell.
I did wonder, although in our actual turning battle we were quite well matched to begin with but I could see you inching closer which is why I suddenly switched directions, which I think must of coincided with your black-out because you pulled away and dived before coming up and over to catch me as I came back to the left. I'm not quite sure what you broke on my Sabre but it suddenly went into an irrecoverable spin so I suspect it was something on my tail.

I must admit though, I do like the Sabre, it's a nice jet and unlike the MiG-17 which is also nice, it has air to ground attack ability (in Il2 at least), the F9F2 on the other hand is a bit more finicky, firstly it bunny hops whilst on the ground taxing and then the engine overheats if you push it beyond sixty percent for longer than five seconds and lacks the thrust of a Sabre, which is understandable because she isn't an F-86 For a non-intercepted ground pound I should imagine she'd be quite good...but if something like a MiG-17 come along, I would much rather be in a Sabre than a Panther.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote