irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnHeck
Irish --

Thanks so much for your quick response!

Oddly, on several occasions --yes, I've reinstalled that much-- the de_help.txt file, the one in dispute, doesn't even appear to have installed.

I've also been careful to eliminate SH3 from my registry between attempts. I guess my main problem is this:

SH3 allegedly installs some files in My Documents & Settings (different, I believe from the simple Documents folder) and it's THAT which I can't seem to find.

As for your suggestion of a 10 dollar purchase, I think there's probably some validity in that. Is direct download possible?
Sorry for the late reply. Try going to C:\user\owner\AppData\local\VirtualStore\Program(8 6)\ and see if there is anything there concerning Ubisoft and/or SH3.
If so, delete it.
While you are there search through in the VirtualStore folder are see what is there. If you delete a program, it may be on you hard drive stored there, and may cause problems in the future with conflicts. While you are in the VirtualStore folder, delete anything related to SHIII and SH3. This could be where your problem is; if it is not, then I don't know.

As far as D2D downloads, I don't know. I used D2D download a couple of years ago, but it had a form of Starfarce (not mis-spelled) and was not patched. I don't know what D2D has now.