View Single Post
Old 08-23-21, 07:59 AM   #3
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Thanks for taking the time to provide that list. Noted. It would be interesting to know what you like about each one, but no need to expand on it.

Mods disable achievements? I have not installed any mod yet, and I've reached level 15.

Mod suggestions are welcome, but the thing I was asking about was settlement tips. Just curious of you had any ideas to streamline that or do them in a better or more efficient way. Like for example how much effort you put in to arming the settlers, how you go about it.

I've been rolling with Piper for a few hours. But so far I'm not too keen on the follower thing. It might be cool for the story, commentary, quests and that sort of thing, but from a tactical perspective it's pants lol. Constantly crossing my sight lines during combat which is annoying AF. The companion bonuses are not so strong I can't live without them. I might go back to dog meat and just ignore this. I'll give Nick a go too and then decide. A loner's more my style anyway, so I'm leaning toward going the Lone Wanderer route after all.

Made it to level 15 yesterday so moving right along. I wish I had spent my SPECIAL points slightly differently. I would have put a couple fewer points in Intelligence, and more in Luck and Charisma. I thought high Intelligence would pay off with more XP, but then I saw the Idiot Savant perk and that makes up for having low INT, although the trigger sound is also annoying AF. I'd love to replace that sound with something like the objective tone from Thief 2. Luck has the best group of perks for me.

I started with 3 Charisma, dropped another point with a book and then trained a fifth point and still have passed a single speech check so far. Knowing what I know now I should have put one less point in Perception and spent it in Agility. Even so I'm still doing fine but with some time in the game I can see a better starting build than what I went with.

I like the change that makes energy weapons use the normal perks instead of having its own. I'm dropping points in all three of Rifleman, Commando and Gunslinger. This way any weapon I pick up will be covered with additional damage output and the other bonuses such as ignoring a percentage of armor. The gunplay's pretty good in FO4, at least the free-aim is better than the previous games. In a sense it feels like FO4 is a shooter with RPG elements, whereas New Vegas and FO3 felt more like RPGs with shooter elements.