Thread: [TEC] Deckgeschütz Typ IXD2
View Single Post
Old 03-04-17, 01:43 PM   #12
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Well, I have no idea what Photobucket is trying to prove, but I cannot get it to work. I was going to show you the stock deck crew on my machine, but I cannot get photobucket to give a link, other than this one:

Deck crew from rear

Oooh, got a 2nd one:
Deck crew from front

which serves the purpose. Only two men on the gun crew in "Stock" game trim.

My guess as to what probably happened, is that you had a mod installed (OM?? OMEGU?? Nine Delta Two??), and that you didn't delete the "My Documents \ SH4" folder when you de-activated your other mods. That folder is where your game save info goes. That holds ~everything~ the game would need to know (and then some), in order to restore your last save, including the crew and equipment on your boat. Another problem comes about if you are trying to play a "Save" from there, even worse will happen, and you might Crash To Desktop when encountering an enemy vessel.

The first thing you could try to do is delete that "My Documents \ SH4" folder, or if you're using MultiSH, then the appropriate folder, or change the reference to the save folder to something other than that in MultiSH. Once you have an empty save folder, try running the game again (which should cause it to make a new folder), and see if that doesn't solve the problem. If not, uninstall the game again, and remove the Save folder. Then reinstall the game and let it create a new folder. Unfortunately, you will lose your saves, but you could copy the folder elsewhere before you delete, and then see if it would function properly if you ever re-install the mod you were previously using. Do not count on it functioning properly though...

I would advise you to refer to Rockin Robbins SH4CMS utility and write-up, and educate yourself on how to use it prior to doing your install. This utility will save you a lot of time if you do much modding and / or installing mods. Very useful, and it is much much easier to do changes that way...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote