Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 06-06-16, 08:09 AM   #98
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Is the HP thing why that in some mods, the feller at the sonar station doesn't seem to hear a thing, in spite of a ship doing about 10 knots at 3200 yards, and I all of a sudden get surprised by an ashcan attack?... and to think, I just thought the AI was smarter than me...
The issue is with you manning the Hydrophone and not hearing a ship passing by in visual distance. The Hydrophone guy usually works fine. I've found it's when a ship travels at a lower speed, under its given MaximumSpeed found in the ships .sim file. I used to think it was when a ship travels at less than half its MaxSpeed rating.......but, I'm not so sure anymore.

This really shows up with RSRDC where Lurker caused hundreds of waypoints to be made with ships changing speeds often. A good idea, but there's a reason why the stock game has ships traveling at mostly 9 knots or greater.

I'm not convinced there isn't a way of fixing this behavior. I've got some ideas, just haven't tested them.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote