View Single Post
Old 05-15-08, 04:00 PM   #105
Aqualung
Watch

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0

Quote:
First thing I would recommend you try: Hold down the ` key (the press-to-talk button) for just a leeeetle bit longer and I think you find that your commands will be recognized. The program does take a finite amount of time to recognize what you are saying, particularly if there is a phrase you are using that may have additional command words at the end of it - the program must pause long enough in its interpretation to see if you are going to say anythig else or if it should act on what it heard to that point.

The additional time required to hold down the ptt key isn't all that long - on the order of a half a second or so. Try this and I think you'll find your problem solved. You'll rapidly get used to how long to hold down the button.

If that doesn't fix it or you find it too annoying to hold the PTT key down longer, then try switching from PTT mode to open mike mode (instructions on how to go to Open Mike mode are in the readme and the FAQ included with your download).

The question you asked is also addressed in the FAQ on page 3:

Thanks for the advice I was unable to get the push to talk key to register no matter how long I held it pressed down, but have managed to get it to work by using open mike mode! Very immersive, being able to just give my commands to the crew, so thanks again for excellent download and advice
Aqualung is offline   Reply With Quote