View Single Post
Old 01-24-13, 07:09 AM   #10
Penguin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0

Yo Sky, I also read the English Hürriyet edition , loved the comment. However we don't even know if it is a legit one, I could call myself Püngüin, write a comment and everyone would assume I am a Turk. I was astonished that the English edition wrote this neutral, normally Hürriyet is comparible to the German "Bild", sensationalism and crappy journalism, sadly also Germany's biggest paper.

Other than that, I didn't notice anyone caring. This Austrian club, doesn't even state how many members they have, my guess would be hardly more than one per mill of the Turks living in Austria. Though they certainly claim to speak for all of them, just like - sorry for the swear word - Germany's "Zentralrat der Muslime", a sad joke which unfortunately some polititians give more legitimation than they have.

Oh, and I didn't mean only to revoke blasphemy laws from the Criminal Code, also stuff like insult, defamaition (§185) yes also stuff like Agitation (§130) and one of my favorites: "Disparagement of the State and its Symbols" (§90).
With all this gone, we could really say: "Yes, we stand for freedom of speach, if this insults you: go and cry a river!"
This way the idiotic culture of being permanently offended, which becomes more and more prevalent in Germany, not only by Muslim circles, would at least have no legal backup.
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote