View Single Post
Old 12-08-09, 05:01 AM   #1
midnite1977
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
[MOD] Midnite's No Arcade, Just Simulation

[Update 06/15/2012] Here you can get Vers. 1.1: http://www.file-upload.net/download-....-1.1.zip.html

Ahoy Captains,

after playing PT Boats for a longer period now, i think the game would really profit from reducing some arcade elements, taking a first step to make it more like a real life simulation. As i read here and in other forums it seems that most of you share my opinion...
So i proudly present my second mod for PT Boats: Midnite's No Arcade, Just Simulation.

Here you can see what is changed:

At first, i completely removed the arcadish radar screen. Instead i created a fully functional compass in the style of a "constellation" of the U.S. Navy. Please don't ask how long it took me to get it a smooth running... I nearly got mad... Also the "zoom switches" in the lower left corner are gone now. I replaced them by some metal optics, corresponding to the rest of the panel.

As second thing, i removed the green and red dots that show up friendly or enemy units when you look through binoculars or gun/torpedo sight. Now you have to identify spotted ships for yourself... or just watch who is shooting at you.

Do you know this big fat red marking arrow that shows up when you target a ship for your crew? Well, it's gone now. I made it much smaller and transparent. Now, it doesn't jam up the battle scene anymore...

Same thing for the icon of torpedo solution: Less colourful and also transparent now. Even much better at night.

And of course the corresponding icon for a bad torpedo solution.

At the moment, i do some final work on it, but i think i could release my new mod within the next days.

I hope you like it... Feedbacks are welcome!

Cheers, midnite1977

Last edited by midnite1977; 06-15-12 at 11:58 AM.
midnite1977 is offline   Reply With Quote