View Single Post
Old 04-06-17, 07:57 PM   #50
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracudaUAK View Post
Linux assumes that you have a Windows drive, and therefore you need to have access to those drives, Since you have access to them in Windows anyway.
Not sure what you mean here, I am mostly wanting to get Far Cry 2 running, this won't run well in Win 10 and I want to stay away from Windows.
If I install the game does it have to be on a NTSF drive?
Certainly I can access the Win 10 files but don't want to corrupt Win 10.
Should I install it in Win 10 but then access the exe file through Wine?
Confused!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
After six years of developing a decently working desktop on their own, Canonical has decided to go back to its open source roots. Starting in 2018 with Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu will ship with GNOME 3 (or 4 by then?) as its default desktop.

When developers were unable to get the next version of Unity, Unity 8, stable enough to use as a default desktop, Mark Shuttleworth and cohorts took stock and made the tough choice to stop duplicating the efforts of truly open source desktops.

Unity started out to near universal jeers by the Linux crowd. They persevered until Unity 7 became a well functioning desktop deserving respect. Then it looks like they dropped the ball on Unity 8. Game over.
Well imo that sucks, does this mean that my version of Ubuntu will be redundant and in 2018 I have to reinstall the new version from scratch?
Can this version just be upgraded?
This seems worse than Windows!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote