View Single Post
Old 10-30-08, 01:26 AM   #7
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

I think he's operating on the understanding that altering a ship's ability to maneuver can break waypoints in GWX, bbw.

And with the hammering Philipp has taken lately about how his mods "break" things in GWX, I'm thinking maybe he added that remark to try and avoid such criticism again.

Philipp's battles with other modders may have made him reluctant to approach anyone involved in developing GWX so it's understandable why he didn't ask how his mod would affect waypoints for ships in GWX.

I know PT can be a bit rough around the edges but I really don't think he meant any insult this time. Philipp's still young and he hasn't fully mastered how to express himself in english.

I know my own mouth got me into plenty of trouble in my youth and I grew up speaking english as my native language!

I'm not asking you to cut the kid some slack for his own sake. I figure that would be unlikely, given all the bad blood. However, I'm asking for the sake of this community. We all need to be more forgiving and stop snapping at each other over these mods like a dog guarding a well-gnawed bone.

No matter who is to blame, I think that attacking a modder who has insulted a person's "professional pride", through ignorance or lack of language skills, only serves to make the community look ugly and leaves a black mark on the name of the modder or group that perpetuates the feud. It's not impossible to remain civil while you tell someone they're wrong or mistaken in their statements.

I admire all of the modders' efforts here and wish I knew even a tenth of what you all have learned about modding this game. The rest of us look up to you as heroes, of a sort. I pray you would keep that in mind.