View Single Post
Old 07-07-08, 12:23 PM   #10
Ishigami
Navy Dude

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0

I’m a bit confused.

If I want to create a single player mission for your Maya I need to make an American mission and place the Maya from the Japanese submarine roster as player unit am I right?

Okay but won’t this result in incompatibility to any other playable unit (e.g. playing the Mission with Fubuki Destroyer instead of Maya is impossible) and later releases of your Maya? Isn’t this a bit impractical?

You changed the weapon layout quite a bit. Isn’t it possible to use the weapon layout of the game maybe even the original (damn she had over one hundred 25mm AA guns!)?
The large American 5” turrets look really misplaced, Maya had 6x 127mm double AA guns on these positions. These two 4” (?) below the bridge are bit too much, if I remember right the original had two triple 25mm AA guns on this location, the Maya from the game got two single 25mm AA guns.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to sound ungrateful. It’s just that I think you could improve your mod by sticking to the original or game version instead of mixing it up with American weapons.

It would be great if you could change the controllable turret to one of the 8” turrets.

If you want to recreate the original Maya I guess you will find all types of AA guns she had and their location in the book “Japanese Cruisers of the Pacific War”.

P.S.: This guy from the watch crew on the current bridge got his feet into the deck. You need to set him a bit higher ^^
Ishigami is offline   Reply With Quote