View Single Post
Old 01-10-18, 02:26 AM   #4
FullMetalADCAP
Gunner

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Would be fine, but I hope you realize that the work to be done for Killershish would maybe surpass what they have done with the entire game until now, so we are not going to see this tomorrow, and sureley not for free.

Sub interiors, at least a generic one which you can roam in 3D like in Silent Hunter 5, would increase the immersion of the game tremendously, but it requires a lot of artwork done by a group of professionals which is not in reach for every developer (Killerfish Games has not the ressources in specialized personel which Ubisoft has).

And then, there is the question if it's financially worth it, devs have to live methink...
Tip for Killerfish Games: If you ever think doing such add-on, make a simple one that can be modded afterwards!

I would pay for it if such add-on is made.
That's true. It's probably not a priority but it would add SO much more "depth" (pun intended) to this game.

To be honest, I wasn't even considering giving it a go based off the screenshots. I saw no interiors modeled and figured I'd stick with Dangerous Waters for modern day sub warfare. It gave me the impression just viewing screenshots that it's an arcade game and not a real simulator.

But having played it, I realized it was no arcade game either. It's a sim... I guess. But I'm not sure "sim" is accurate either with no interiors modeled? It's more of a strategy game without the interiors. Sure, you control the model but you're not inside the model actually piloting it and that takes a huge hit on immersion. Like, I'm not a big fan of tank "sims" where you don't actually sit behind the controls and drive the tank or sit in the gunner's seat and control the main gun in first person perspective. Such "sims" feel more like arcade games to me.
FullMetalADCAP is offline   Reply With Quote