View Single Post
Old 02-09-18, 03:01 PM   #1
CptGlub
Mate

Downloads: 76
Uploads: 0
Default Balao Depth, Mine Damage, Sonar Graphics & Grousing

Trying desperately to make it through the war. Lessons are brutal. Some questions before I start...again. I'm in TMO 2.5 with various add-ons and some home-grown tweaks.

1. How can I get a Balao to go below test depth? The depth meter only goes to 450 and the test depth red line is pegged there.

2. Can the damage caused by a mine be modified? If so how/where? Sudden death may have been a reality in war but it sort of sucks in a sim.

3. Both of my sonar gauges are sh-crap. The direction dial for the hydrophone and the active sonar are unreadable and I'm forced to constantly count from the cardinal direction lines. Where do the graphics live for these dials and how hard would it be to change them? (At some point in my past, I can remember getting a sub upgrade and being rewarded with super crisp dials at the sonar station. Not sure where those days went as my dials are now mud in all subs.) When I catch up with the rooskie who shipped a game with those graphics, I'm gonna open up a can of whoop.

Now for some grousing that will fix nothing--

A mine in over 300 ft of water? Really? So now we know why japan REALLY lost the war. They went broke buying chain. I'm no historian but it seems to me that mines were for anchorages and bottle necks--not the open sea. From the little that I've read, mines seemed to do almost more damage to the friendlies than the enemy. I can't believe they were being anchored out in the middle of nowhere so that anybody could blunder into them.

Here endeth the grouse.
CptGlub is offline   Reply With Quote