View Single Post
Old 09-30-08, 01:56 PM   #49
IronPerch
Bosun

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 0

Hmm... I think that the SH5 stays in WWII era (and the U-boats...)... Books, movies, history as a hobby etc. If the release schedule is at Q1/2009 Ubi is basicly porting and polishing their models to DX10 environment etc, BUT i think that "new thing" could be totally new online-gaming mode:

- The carreer development could be depending e.g. the online-time and total tonnage -> servers running statistics about tonnage, medals etc. Play enough and you'll get "unlocks" for better subs, veapons, crew ... yes, the BF2 type of system. We have it also in this forum (Hey, this is my 30. post...wonder how many more before i get "promoted" :p).
- No need for AI if the seas are full of human controlled ships (the time compression problem is solved by spawning, and the AI takes the vessel if you finally have to sleep). Imagine that feelig after torpedoing the "top score" skipper
- Wolf Packs enabled! Maybe not by voip (i hope not), but by radio messages (delayed chat) send by the other players.... "Convoy at AN4279, happy hunting! -Ironperch-"
- and probably it's not just sub's (targets needed) but more like naval WWII simulation. I quess Silent Hunter is kind of brand for this kind of simulation so why change the name.

How about that? Anyone from UBI here?

RFB+RSRD+OM @ 100% realism
IronPerch is offline   Reply With Quote