View Single Post
Old 06-11-17, 03:43 PM   #154
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Good news ! I will need the tool only when I build harbours. If you didn't know, harbours in SH3 are built with standard portions contained in the Library folder. A harbour file contains only positions and references for these standard portions. So, to create a new harbour, I need to import these portions in a .dat file, move them to the right position, and measure distances. Then, I get the absolute positions of each element, and I can remove all 3D models, letting only the placements (positions + parent IDs references).
I got you; I will work on that ruler

Quote:

I won't need Wings to create harbours, at least not to place the elements. But perhaps I will need to create new elements ?
I think creating some simple models will be a good exercise for you, but let me know anyway if you need for my help

Quote:
Helgoland in WAC/GWX (at same scale as my previous drawing) :

According to my comparison, it's not the case unfortunately. The island is two time bigger as the real one, and Düne is misplaced + wrong shape/size.
I agree, we can do better

Quote:
About lighthouses that I would like to add, lots of pretty models here : https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/use...av=collections
I know

Quote:
Good model! You read in my mind: I was looking exactly at it just last night
gap is offline   Reply With Quote