View Single Post
Old 06-11-17, 02:52 PM   #152
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I am now finishing the "Petite Vieille" (working on textures as we speak). This is the first lighth I will send to you. Is the measuring tool needed urgently?
Good news ! I will need the tool only when I build harbours. If you didn't know, harbours in SH3 are built with standard portions contained in the Library folder. A harbour file contains only positions and references for these standard portions. So, to create a new harbour, I need to import these portions in a .dat file, move them to the right position, and measure distances. Then, I get the absolute positions of each element, and I can remove all 3D models, letting only the placements (positions + parent IDs references).

Quote:
I remind you that you can measure the distance between two vertices by simply selecting them. Wings' top bar will display automatically their absolute distance, followed by the distance along the three axes. 1 unit of length = 10 m. This is the most accurate measuring method and the most practical, unless you want to measure distances directly in game.

I won't need Wings to create harbours, at least not to place the elements. But perhaps I will need to create new elements ?

Quote:
I don't understand...
Can you please show your and SHIII's version of the Island side by side?
Yes sure :

My own drawing : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=137

Helgoland in WAC/GWX (at same scale as my previous drawing) :

Quote:
Nice! What game is that? For a moment, before could I read your message, I thought it was SHIII LOL
Flight simulator IIRC.

Quote:
I am confident that GWX/WAC got Dune and Helgoland in their right position.
According to my comparison, it's not the case unfortunately. The island is two time bigger as the real one, and Düne is misplaced + wrong shape/size.

---

About lighthouses that I would like to add, lots of pretty models here : https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/use...av=collections