Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Pretty impressive ! Watch this
I agree

Unfortunately Unity is available for free, but not World Creator

Quote:
Gap, in order I create harbours at the proper scale, could you create a small "tool" for me ?
I am now finishing the "Petite Vieille" (working on textures as we speak). This is the first lighth I will send to you. Is the measuring tool needed urgently?

I remind you that you can measure the distance between two vertices by simply selecting them. Wings' top bar will display automatically their absolute distance, followed by the distance along the three axes. 1 unit of length = 10 m. This is the most accurate measuring method and the most practical, unless you want to measure distances directly in game.

Quote:
1. A little comparison with the actual Helgoland in SH3.

I don't understand...
Can you please show your and SHIII's version of the Island side by side?

Quote:
2. Even that simple model would be better
Nice! What game is that? For a moment, before could I read your message, I thought it was SHIII LOL

Quote:
I think Helgoland is not the priority for now. I may try to add your models on the existing terrain. But the LH and light signal placed on Düne must be placed on a land model (covered with sand), because if I place them at the right place, they will be in the water (see my previous post).

Let's concentrate on the french LH. Perhaps the LH of "La Vieille" could be tested in game very soon ?
We will see. As I said a few days back, the front light can be either on land or in the water. Should the concrete base be too short, we can try and raise the sea bed, or alternatively I can create a sand dune model to be attached below the base. As for the back light, it would be better if it was on land. I am confident that GWX/WAC got Dune and Helgoland in their right position. If not, I believe that shifting them by 200 or 400 meters shouldn't be too complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_frog View Post
GWX and all big Mods include a map version (I think created by Tigerkatzitatzi) that gives an "improved" representation of Helgoland + Döne. It is not prefect but better than nothing.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote