View Single Post
Old 11-17-14, 01:08 PM   #2310
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonSamurai View Post
Ya I hear you. I often have problems with most of the base stats themselves on weapons (especially wear stats), and as you say a lot of the special weapons don't make sense stat wise at all (this is very common with Bethesda, its like they don't even line up the stats).
I don't know much about stats (how much damage does a greatsword do compared to a short sword? I'm gonna go with "more," anything beyond that is best left up to someone else ) but yeah there were some odd things just within the context of the game, as in some types of armor being hyped lore-wise due to the abilities of the people who typically make it, but not having this reflected in the stats for it. Thankfully there are modders out there who addressed that sort of thing with big overhaul mods for the smithing/armor/weapons stuff. I start with those and then tweak them a bit get the stuff that suits me in particular into the game.

There's no "wear" on weapons in Skyrim, though, if you mean that weapons lose their edge or whatever. I think that may have been a change from earlier games. Whatever damage a weapon does, it does until you improve it to do more, it never does less because of actually using it. Which I'm sure is not realistic, but thank goodness for it because I spend enough time at the forge and grindstone as it is. One think I've learned from Skyrim is that I am congenitally incapable of not smithing if smithing is at all possible.

Quote:
Ditto with the player houses, not just fixing things, but adding things like lots of permanent storage (and removing any that was not permanent) so that I could sort out my collections of stuff (I usually end up with a copy of every thing in the game other than rubbish stuff, and crazy wealthy).
Lol I went through a stage where I modded in special displays and storage options for just about every unique or collectible item in the game, and then I realized that I was spending most of my playing time trying to get this or that item so I could display it, when what I really wanted to do when I came home tired and aching from a week's adventuring was just dump everything in a chest and go to bed. I spent more time sorting stuff and hauling it from one place to another than I did questing.

Now I might make a few displays for special items that I almost always end up with, thankfully weapons and armor are easy because racks and mannequins are already in the game (altho getting female mannequins in the game took a little work) but I'll make sure I have one place with a big library to hold all the books and I dunno, I might do a couple special things for items related to the main quest, but other than that... well, I just put a lot of cupboards and chests in convenient places and dump stuff in them.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote