View Single Post
Old 06-26-12, 10:32 PM   #7
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by quink99 View Post
That, TDW, looks like just the setup I want! Do I have to marry big money or "did it fall off the back of the truck?" I'm drooling on my shoes!
I build my own computers, been doing it for many, many years. I buy all my parts from newegg.com. The single most expensive part of that gaming rig was the video card ($500). I think total price of that build was right around $1800.

There are things I absolutely will not skimp on when it comes to my builds: the power supply, the video card, and the motherboard. Those are the key elements to a great foundation. The power supply for this build was $350 but worth every penny of it. You'd be amazed at how many problems people have with their systems is due to the power supply installed. A high quality power supply rules out all these common problems people experience. The motherboard dictates what the system will be capable of (now and future) and thus one should buy the best one they can afford. Everything else is easy to upgrade later on or as funds become available.

I usually build a new gaming rig every year to year and a half to stay up with the latest technology. I have a seperate savings account setup at my bank that I have automatic deductions sent to every paycheck that funds these builds. That way the money is already there when it comes time to build my new rig It also helps that I don't have those pesky annoyances of wife and children to deal with (proud bachelor here!)
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote