View Single Post
Old 10-19-17, 07:51 PM   #8
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 350
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERPP8 View Post
I mean, if I turned duds off in the realism settings, shouldn't I never get them?
Ok I get you now ERPP8

You are mixing up the Realism ( Torpedo Dud ) settings with the Magnetic / Impact Settings they are 2 different things, Turning off duds Probably may help

What you are looking for is the HUD where you see the Fire Button and the Tubes 1 -4 just below you see a small switch labelled Pistol it has 2 positions for "Magnetic" and "Impact" Detonation .

The Magnetic is very unreliable you will even get the odd message from BDU about incidents/Premature Detonation ETC and it mentions it in one of the loading Screens

You will have much more success with the Impact Setting

Your Video was helpful too, you are firing at ships moving away from you at speed, that really will not help . From what I can see you are firing way too late. You need to take into account the Speed Distance and Course the target travels

An ideal Scenario would be your sub on a course 90 deg to the Target ship at a distance of 800m - 1k ( At the point the ship is about to cross infront
of you). You would fire when it was say bearing +30 *thru your scope ( Depending on target speed ) the torp would hit the ships hull roughly 90deg on if the ship was travelling at Medium speed . * A very Approximate example

I recommend you watch one of the excellent You Tube vids on the Subject "Manual TDC" and maybe read up on how to find " Firing Targeting Solution "

It all takes a little practise you will soon get the hang of it

Kindest Regards

Simon

WOLVES OF STEEL MEGAMOD"

Last edited by Cyborg322; 10-19-17 at 07:59 PM.
Cyborg322 is offline   Reply With Quote