View Single Post
Old 04-29-14, 12:38 AM   #9
UKönig
Captain

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
I try to play as realistically as possible by my standards. Of course I've been playing subsims for almost thirty years, so I'm a bit jaded.
You've certainly my respect for doing so, I tend to keep some of the pressure off.
For what it's worth, I tend to go with (in SH3, for example) the mid range, or about 42%. I've read some stuff about some of the original bugs in SH3, suggesting the world is about 15% bigger than it should be so I turn off things as 'limited fuel', so it doesn't matter how big the world is, it's my oyster. I can go anywhere. Unlimited battery is good too, to help shake those pesky HKs, but I give myself limited air. I have to come up sometime. It's still up to me to ditch my pursuers or we all "suffocate". After that the options become flexible, but I like to keep the 'god's eye mode' I like to keep the map updates (even though i know how to use all my sensors, I'm lazy like that). I like to keep automatic targeting, because I am extremely bad at math, and if I had to work these solutions out myself, I would not nearly be as good at sinking anything. Maybe my own boat...
But, if you've been doing this kinda stuff for 30 years, don't you hunger for a new challenge? Why not set the bar higher for yourself and do something "insane", like, sail up the Thames and attack London? Or try to provoke the British home fleet? Of course it's impossible! That's why it's so frigging tasty!! I always attack NY whenever I get the chance. Be bold, be daring, who dares, wins!
UKönig is offline   Reply With Quote