View Single Post
Old 04-09-07, 03:50 AM   #1
Marklaur
Watch

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default T-72 Balkins on Fire "optical sighting help"

Hi,
I noticed this forum while browsing the other subs Sim forums.

Over one year ago I purchased T-72 Balkins on Fire but soon uninstalled it because I could not work out how to use the gun sights. I tried posting on the Battle Front forums but they were of no use. the forum there died soon after the games release.

There are many different sighting scales in the various views and the manual does not give information on how many of them are just eye candy or mow many of them are acurately modeled.

While I have some sort of idea how the wedge type range finger works I found nothing ever fited into the "V" wedge at ranges that I could use. As for what I think are the machine gun range finders I have no idea on how they work.

My question is how do one get into these game with no prior knowledge of using the sights? I have tried to look up the web for the various tanks in the game to se if there is any information on the gun optics and how to use them but so far I have had no luck.

Can anyone point me to any resources on how to use these optic sights are used in he game, and any information on how many of the optical scales in the game are actually modelledand work.

Any help would be appreciated as I would like to reinstall the game one day, but only if I have a fair idea of what I am doing.

If there are any other tank games that are easier to get into first for training I would consider giving one a go. But not much in the way of tank sims are available in Australia. Is the original Steel Beasts available in download form from anywhere? I have heard it is easier to get into.

Cheers MarkL