View Single Post
Old 11-18-08, 06:10 AM   #27
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

No, I did not buy it, but I am aware of the customer feedback in the forums, and that is listing a whole lot of problems that are not just hallucinations as long as the folks are not all on dope, also the reviews we got so far did not convince me. The content also is not enough attractive for me, since I am not so much interested in (disfunctional for many people) MP.

On the other hand, the preview and first customer feedback of SF is much more positive, and it seems that SF is holding the promise that TvT just made.

Many people seem to think like me, leading to low sales numbers: some international trader, I think it was gogamer, already has it reduced price - so has a german company as well. Finally, activity in the lighthouse forums is relatively low, that speaks for people not being interested anymore, and developer feedback is close to zero as well. Also, our own tanksim squad over here has not seen any activity since almost 3 weeks - although I even asked for it. It is difficult to run a game in MP mode if MP is broken for the majority of people.

So why should I lose money on TvT if the apparently better executed project seem to be SF?

Regarding tanks, I am an SBP-PE animal anyway. that is the standard to which I compare any new tank simulation - and it has to leave a good impression at least. when you already know the best, you are not easily satisfied with something of lesser simulation quality - and why should you even be?

Currently, TvT is in a state that makes recommending to spend money on it a dubious action. By the past reputation of the developer, the future does not look promising for the game. I wish for those who already spend money on it that there will be a patch fixing the major MP and AI issues that are reported so often, but even then I would not be willing to embark on it anymore, and would not willing to encourage them with such rushed, ill-prepared premature releases by giving them reward for this poor policy - by buying it. I personally think the developer fired a quick shot, and now earns what he could get on the fly and then will drop back into hidden cover, never to be seen again. Think they will not do more than the minimum needed. they did like that in the past, too.

Last edited by Skybird; 11-18-08 at 06:34 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote