Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 10-16-17, 09:56 AM   #5405
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I'm going to try a few experiments on my two installs here torpedobait, and see what I come up with, with the discrepancies. I'm thinking its "dates", which CapnScurvy alludes to. I'll look at the dates of availability of the radar, and start a new campaign after that date, and see what it does, and I'll do the single missions a few more times. You haven't had the periscope radar fail in the SingleMission, especially after diving?

Like the Capn says, I think the game loses "count" somewhere along the way in the game, and the further you go in the game continuously, the worse it gets, and probably each "Save" game contributes to it...

Edit: I missed this -
Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
... Is there an element in the test single mission that I can implement to the existing SH4 FOTARSU install to make the career boat operate the same as the single mission boat? Both are Balao; both are post-January 1945. I just don't get it...
There is some difference apparently, but I have no idea where it lays. I've experienced similar with modding in keltos01's Climb Mount Niitaka, where a conning tower on the Kaidai3b would be in the campaign, yet would disappear in the SingleMissions. There are similarities with other aspects of the game, which makes a SingleMission as a "test" for the Campaign almost invalid. It can help, but is not the be-all, end-all of tests. The best way to test the campaign is to use the campaign, but setting that up can be a bother and a half... Which brings to mind, can you zip up your game Save folder (mydocuments / SH4, or whatever you're using) - just the save folder, and post it somewhere I can download it? I'm not sure if you can do attachments on PMs here...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 10-16-17 at 10:18 AM.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote