View Single Post
Old 10-15-17, 09:37 AM   #5402
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
This is going to drive you NUTS! I loaded the test mission by unzipping it straight into my Single Mission folder in my current installation. Everything worked perfectly!

The interception was as advertized. First came the sonar contact (which I was able to pick up manually before the operator's announcement. Then, with BOTH periscopes raised, I got a radar contact on the same bearing. I tested all buttons and they worked, including the radar's on/off switch.

Next I lowered the attack scope leaving the Observation (Night) scope up. Radar continued to work. I lowered that one and the radar went off, and came back on when the scope went back up. The map contacts were intermittent until the target was inside around 8,000 yards.

From that point fearing discovery of the raised scope, I lowered it and proceeded perpendicular to the target's track until I was about 700 yards off the track, and then waited. When the target bearing reached 320 degrees, I fired the two electric torps, and when the first one hit, the next four Mark 14's. I turned away at high speed and repeated the firing sequence with the stern tubes. Success! All 10 hit, and the 10th one put it down. No sound problems. No visual problems. No radar problems.

Now, can I just load the DATA version in your single mission to the data version in my live game? Wouldn't that incorporate the changes you made for the Single Mission?
I tried to upload (cut and paste) a small JPG image, but it won't take. I tried it as an attachment, but the image is only a thumbnail. Oh, well.
Questions remain: Why does the Periscope radar in Propbeanies Test Mission work perfectly, but I have NO surface radar when I add the Periscope radar to my Balao in an existing career? I just tried it again, with no joy. I turned on the SD (using the former Raise/Lower mast button and got the radar on message. I then clicked on the surface radar button (doesn't light) and checked the screens. No power to either screen. The on/off buttons on the screens do not work. I raised the Night scope. Nothing changed. It just does not work in a career configuration, but works perfectly in the single mission.

Is there an element in the test single mission that I can implement to the existing SH4 FOTARSU install to make the career boat operate the same as the single mission boat? Both are Balao; both are post-January 1945. I just don't get it.
I need a drink, and here it is 10:35 am on Sunday. Grrrrr.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote