View Single Post
Old 05-19-18, 08:07 AM   #1
BristolBrick
Seaman

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
Default I found a damaged destroyer

I was sailing into Halifax harbour, and found this destroyer, damaged. It was listing heavily, and the water would often be pouring over the deck.

Luckily it is listing away from me, so my plan is just to attack it with deck gun and hope the guns don't have enough depression to shoot back at me.

Apologies for terrible picture, computer won't let me screenshot for some reason.

It is going along at 4 knots, and I noticed (You can see in the picture) that a gun turret and a torpedo launcher seem to be gone, and I just noticed it has no depth charge launchers.

I have not done anything to this destroyer, I have not seen anything happen to it. I just saw it trundling along in high seas. (calmed now, but the sort of weather where you get "Current depth: 10 meters" every few minutes)

Is it possible a large wave or two caused water to flood into it and for it to list because of that? Or did I bump into it the other side of the Atlantic and again here? Or does the game spawn damaged vessels from time to time?

Edit: Thought I should mention it's a C class destroyer.

Last edited by BristolBrick; 05-19-18 at 06:16 PM.
BristolBrick is offline   Reply With Quote