View Single Post
Old 04-14-08, 08:19 AM   #68
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

I shall grace this thread with my 400th forum posting to offer an idea.

Assuming it is possible to make the lifeboats and survivors destructible, could it be implemented where a kaleun would suffer a renown penalty for gunning down survivors and, conversely, receive a renown bonus for aiding survivors?

To balance this tactically, a kaleun would be faced with maintaining stealth by remaining unseen by survivors ( or ensuring none lived to report the u-boat's disposition to Allied rescuers ) and being humane by rendering aid that would leave the u-boat vulnerable to being attacked or stalked by units that recieve radio reports of the news offered by the survivors?

Regardless, even if this mod is only eye-candy, it is yet another triumph of the masters, Rubini, privateer, and company!

I can hardly wait for this one!

I wonder if the shipwake could be altered to spawn occasional debris, in the form of trash tossed overboard, that would aid a u-boat watch crew in knowing if shipping traffic has been in the area recently? "Debris, spotted! Bearing 37 degrees!"

What I wouldn't give to be able to rewrite the game engine to make such features readily implemented!