View Single Post
Old 01-17-13, 07:10 PM   #12
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
To be honest, I haven't touched FSX in ages, actually uninstalled it recently due to perpetual lack of disk space. Found it hard to get back into after getting into DCS; it all seemed rather primitive in comparison.
FSX default IS primitive. It is a toy. Thw wonderful thing about it is that it is totally modular and almost every component can be taken out and replced withs omethign different. Textures. Sceneries. Weather calculations. Aiframes. Physical flight models. Systems. Avionics. You buy a toy. Get some knowledge and input on what is good on the market and what not, throw the gamestuff out as far your your system specs allow, put the good stuff in, and your toy has turned into a hardcore simulation.

I can only repeat it, there is a reason why they decided not to write their own documentation - what PMDG usually does, and quite extensively so - and instead put in several pdfs of 3000+ pages of original Boeing manuals instead - because you can transfer the stuff from the manuals to the sim.

So far I believe I found only one little bug, with the back cabin heating system in the 800 and 900. Unimportant for what you do in the cockpit, some virtual passengers will not get warm, that is all. If there are more issues, then I am still not aware of them so far - after over one year.