View Single Post
Old 06-08-07, 06:51 PM   #713
JALU3
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
A SS can sink a ramming BB

So I reload the game, and steam elsewhere, and my radar man picks up a Task Force with a good angle of attack . . . and the weather is miserable, you can barely see past the bow of the ship . . . middle of the night, rain that looks like chalk streaks, all to the nines . . . and all of a sudden from my aft a destroyer comes barrellings at me at flank speed, I go to battle stations, and go emergency reverse . . . bamb . . . we colide she goes to my starboard and passes me, fire a torp for good measure . . . boom she goes up in flames . . . second destoyer comes from my aft . . . not even two minutes after the first . . . bamb . . . we collide, and she goes to by port . . . she goes past me and dissapears in to the night . . . so far no damage, no casualties . . . another two minutes past . . . and out of the darkness with her search lights blaring comes another destoyer . . . my deck gun ablazing . . . bamb . . . we collide again . . . this time all the bells and wistles start going of damage here . . . injuries here . . . massive flooding . . . she passes me I fire a torp . . . he lights up like a dry christmas tree on New Years . . . two ships down . . . I am barely staying a float . . . damage everywhere, all but the front torpedo room damaged, and flooding . . . so several hours pass . . . damage control progressing slower then a slug on a treadmill . . . and I am keeping a float by periodically blowing the ballast tanks . . . dawn comes . . . and I am still socked in with fog . . . and out of no where a Yamato class comes past my bow . . . I fire two fish, both hit at 15ft . . . and she continues to steam along like nothing happened . . . then from my port side an Isa class BB comes barelling down at me . . . and the crunch sound begins in earnest . . . flooding, once level, but deadly . . . starts on all sections, save the front torpedo room, my nose sticking out like the Tower of Pisa . . . and I hear them say the thing when a ship sinks . . . I look at the map . . . and low and behold the Isa is destroyed . . . but her weight takes her down with me . . .

Time for another reload . . . that was bad @ss . . . but I'd rather sail to fight another day
sense of right and wrong."
-Sloan, Section Thirty-One
JALU3 is offline   Reply With Quote