View Single Post
Old 01-13-19, 05:12 PM   #6
Greystone
Sparky

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 0

Sorry, I'm not being as clear as I could be:

The original game I was playing up to now is still installed. I have not uninstalled it. I did not install a new game.

The trouble started as I was about to enter home port when I decided that I should delete the old save files because it was my intent to alter the mods in JSGME while I was in home port.

But I didn't do it by going to where the saves are stored under C:, instead, sitting there just outside home port, I deleted them by going to the load/save area within the game itself and deleted all of them there, one by one.

I then deactivated all the mods in JSGME, moving them to the left window of JSGME.

After I did that, I immediately "docked" at home port, figuring the game would automatically create an "Entering" home port save when I got there, giving me at least one save left so I could get back into the game. The game, of course, did just that.

Then, sitting there in the "office" gazing at the wall map, my primate brain shifted into stupid and I deleted the last save file I had; the "Enter" home port save. Then, completely unaware of the magnitude of what I'd done, I casually exited the game. Of course, the next time I tried to get in, there was no save left in the Save/Load screens to allow it..
It's a good thing I don't operate heavy machinery.

Then I checked the place under C: where the saves are usually located, and I discovered that they were still there, even though they don't show up within the game's Save/Load screens.

The whole point of this post is to put feelers out to see if there's a way to get the saves, that are still located under C:, back into the Save/Load screens of the game. (the only one I'm interested in is the one made by the game when I entered port; the one that showed no activated mods. (the rest I'd delete)

If you've made it this far, congratulations on your endurance..
Greystone is offline   Reply With Quote