View Single Post
Old 11-06-17, 04:39 PM   #3
tAKticool47
Bosun

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Fixed, after long last, very difficult.

So I never responded to my last post- to be honest I was a little disappointed, I had not thought I was asking for much, it would take 30 seconds for someone to zip up the files I had wanted, but hey, I get it.

Well, After spending all day yesterday unsuccessfully trying to fix my problem once and for all, I finally fixed it this morning. I basically went with two fresh installs yesterday, which still did not fix it. Very disappointing.

So then today, I said, I absolutely can get to the bottom of this. I have a virtual supercomputer and built a computer at the age of 12. 24 years later, I can fix a software problem. So, I deleted everything, completed a fresh install, then went to the Reinforce Alert website, and followed their instructions TO THE LETTER, in the proper order, and it looks like my problems have been fixed.

As I had said before- it was particularly a problem with the Seawolf-class SSN23. There was some sort of corruption in the interface files, undoubtedly. Often times, I could not even swap out a round in the tube, and when I fired the tube, it became useless. Sometimes it would result in all the tube options being orange , sometimes the middle two or three boxes would stay green, but the Flood and Muzzle would be orange. There was never a way to "recycle" (to use the previous posters term) a tube. This only happened in the Seawolf class. Virginia-class worked great, LA class, etc. There was also a big problem in that *each and every time* I would press the Flood button in the Seawolf/SSN23 tube areas, any single tube, each and every time, it would result in an instant crash. Which would mean the only way I could fire would be to right-click from the main map. I could have lived with that, if they didn't also become one-shot tubes (making the Seawolf an 8-weapon platform, worthless really.0

As I stated, I really thought that I could fix it with a replacing of all the Seawolf-class interface directory files, but obviously, I was unsuccessful in my attempt to acquire those files. So I figured I had to do it myself.

--- the only thing I can think of is that I did something wrong previously that resulted in a small-scale problem/corruption/misfire during installation that didn't affect anything else. Did I not use the proper patch? Did I forget to unpack the wrapper? Did I install RA wrong? Who knows.

But I have played a few quick games with both the Seawolf and the Jimmy Carter and have fired 8-round salvo after salvo and seem to be fine. I can operate the tubes normally, I can reload, swap , flood, open the muzzle, close the muzzle, unflood, etc. Fire, reload, fire reload. IT APPEARS I have fixed my problem.

I just thought this might be relevant to anyone with RA who has any problems. As many have said , you have to follow the (exhaustive) entire process or you can get serious problems. Clean install, patch, wrapper, install, etc. Hope that helps someone in the future who has a problem similar.
tAKticool47 is offline   Reply With Quote