View Single Post
Old 05-01-12, 07:34 PM   #36
virgil182
Swabbie

Downloads: 112
Uploads: 0

In answer to your query, during testing I was starting a new campaign with every mod change.

Beginning even with the first save after starting a new campaign the game CTD's before it even presents the loading bar. This happens only with the traveller mod enabled. (I enabled it and it's OMEGU compatibility patch last in the load order, or next to last, followed only by your lifeboat mod.)

The CTD's happen with or without the lifeboat mod enabled, and the lifeboat mod enabled without the traveller mod does not cause any problems.

The only other mods I am running are the OM / OMEGU core setup, and two small texture only mods that are likely not contributing to the crashes.

Additionally, I tried with the 4 gig. .exe patch both enabled and with the stock .exe and neither has any effect on the CTD's.

Hope this info helps in some way to find what must be a needle in a haystack.

Which also makes me wonder if, perhaps, it is just my machine having these troubles ?

Edit: Mindful that leaving even "two small texture only mods..." enabled is poor troubleshooting practice I disabled all mods except OM/OMEGU, followed by traveller mod, then the OMEGU compatibility patch, and finally the traveller lifeboat mod. I am still getting the CTD's when I try to load any save game after exiting the first play session.

Last edited by virgil182; 05-01-12 at 07:51 PM.
virgil182 is offline   Reply With Quote