Minoslas
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

VEAO Bae Hawk March second update

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...99#post2726899
Quote:
Hey Guys,
Following a Go / No-Go meeting we just had and feedback from ED testers and our own testers I wanted to make a post today specifically about the Hawk patch and it's current state.
As you know we like to keep you informed every step of the way even if we are having problems.

Let me start by saying no one wants to get this big patch out to you more than we do and we are so very close

So where are we at....

With the 1.5.3 patch due this week you will get the new and improved cockpit textures.
There are still some things to be worked on but the main bulk of panels base textures have been re-worked.
Details such as screw heads, oxy switch, LP Fuel Cock lever Etc. will be in the next round of texture updates as our artist sources parts for his PC as it blew up, great timing I know.

The EFM is complete, has been tweaked and signed off by the real life pilots.

However; when we switch to EFM we lose all current sounds; cockpit and engine.
This is expected as the aircraft is not using an SFM flight model and therefore stock DCS sounds.
We have been working very hard to get our custom sounds working and this is the current state:
Inverter, batteries, fuel pump, gyro's and GTS startup/shutdown are all working.
Adour engine start up in cockpit - currently working.
Adour running idle with canopy open or closed in cockpit (different sound) - currently working.
Adour sound changes depending on RPM - partially working. The sounds are blending but pitch is not increasing or decreasing with rpm setting.
External engine sounds are currently not working.

We are having issues with the sound API and are working hard to resolve these. Hopefully in the next few days as good progress has been made over the last few days but we are simply going as fast as we can on it.

Radios are also partially working. In one of the recent DCS updates the ability for DCS to detect our engine RPM suddenly stopped working (you can see this with F2 view status bar).
This has a big effect on radios working.
ATC will not respond to you if you request taxi out, take off or landing as the sim thinks your engine is dead.
We are working with ED on this one as something changed in the core sim and the code they gave has stopped working.
Somehow this has also affected the ability to talk to wingmen, AWACS, JTAC and other units, which were working as you saw from an earlier video I posted up.

This is one of those head banging against a brick wall moments for us!!

Here is a summary of the Go / No-Go list for the big patch:
Cockpit textures - Go
EFM - Go
EFM damage model - Go
Cockpit Sounds - Go
External Sounds - No Go
Radios - No Go

So, with these last two items not fully working we had to make the decision that we would not make the 1.5.3 patch in time this week.

Yes we could have released without these last two items but I am not comfortable doing that for obvious reasons, as much as I want to get you the EFM.

We were fully confident that we would make it for the patch but as with all software development some things happen that you just can't explain and have to keep at it until it finally works, especially integrating with DCS. It's not as easy as some people think it is.

I hope you will enjoy the updated cockpit textures coming in the 1.5.3 patch and as soon as I know when the next patch is due from ED and the two remaining items are fixed you'll be the first to know.

Thanks again as always for your continued patience and support,
Chris and the team.

-------------------------
Commander 21squad Harpoon International Community site
http://www.21squad.com
Minoslas is offline   Reply With Quote